how can it help?
Being outdoors and interacting with nature can help in many ways. It can:
- improve your mood
- reduce feelings of stress or anger
- help you take time out and feel more relaxed
- improve your physical health
- improve your confidence and self-esteem
- help you be more active
- help you make new connections
- provide peer support
The government is interested in encouraging green social prescribing, which links people with nature-based interventions and activities, including local walking, community garden and food growing projects.